It's time for us to start curating for the POC ANNUAL ISSUE of Feroce Magazine. This issue will be released on the 1ST OF OCTOBER 2019 - this is Black History Month in the UK. Work does not have to be exclusive but it does need to be by or of a POC
WHAT THIS MEANS
In this issue, we will only be accepting work from artists of colour. That means, if you're the submitter and you're Caucasian, you won't be included in this issue. Simple as that. If a team member is an artist of colour, then get them to submit to us.
Editorials using white models will not be included unless the photographer is an artist of colour.
We feel that there is a distinct lack of representation in the arts and we are allowing POC to take over the entire issue of Feroce, and show the world what they're missing. As a publication we regularly and actively represent a diverse range of artists, but this issue belongs to you entirely.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
Please check out our last POC ANNUAL here to see the work we published last time:https://issuu.com/home/published/poc_annual_final
WHAT WE WILL DO
We will be donating all profits from the POC Takeover Issue to a TBC charity that we will be announcing in the coming weeks. We want to raise money for a charity that actively combats racism. The people we select will be published online on ISSUU (free to read) and there will be print issues available. The artists selected will also be a part of our 100 days of POC campaign on social media.
- You will be rejected if you are not an artist of colour.
- If the model is a model of colour in your fashion editorial, we may accept but only with their written permission to be included.
- There is no set theme for artwork, fashion editorials, designers etc.
- We want black artists, sculpture, musicians, writers, models, photographers, retouchers, make up artists.
If you would like to submit written content, we have the following themes:
- Personal Experience in the Industry
- Discursive pieces on issues of race and predjudice
- Whatever you want - you're taking over!
Send your written submissions with the Subject line POC ANNUAL to [email protected]