When submitting, please follow the guidelines outlined below on this page. SwankyMagazine reserves the right to Accept or Deny any submission received. Submissions are reviewed based on their content, quality, relevance, and availability.
SWANKY MAGAZINE gives you the opportunity to contribute your work and have it published in a high-end, well-respected independent publication. If you are keen to work with us, we will be more than happy to publish your work. We welcome submissions from all creatives such as photographers, male and female models, make-up artists, hairstylists, designers, and writers. etc.
WE ACCEPT FASHION, BEAUTY, CREATIVE PIECES & WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
*Your editorial must be cohesive, all from the same shoot to tell a story. If you want a wow feel of your Landscape photo on a double page, make sure your subject is not center to avoid part of the image being hidden when binding the magazine.
* All submissions should be between 3-12 images. If your submissions are over 10 images, we won’t publish all images, a maximum of 8 and a minimum of 2 will be chosen, unless it is a cover story or special feature. We use mostly portrait images, the Lesser the landscape the better. Unless it is intended for a double-page spread.
PLEASE NOTE IMAGES CAN & WILL BE CROPPED TO FIT THE MAGAZINE LAYOUT. (However, we strive to maintain the best image possible) We also advise adequate edging in your image to allow for cropping.
*** WARDROBE CREDITS ***
* For all submissions, wardrobe credits are recommended. They must contain wardrobes and accessories from emerging or independent designers and brands. For Beauty submissions, makeup credits are required. Wardrobe credits will be taken into consideration only if there is a designer’s name. (major brands are NOT allowed e.g Michael Korr or shop like Aliexpress, eBay, Etsy, etc...). ONLY THE DESIGNERS NAME and you can include their website where garments can be found.
*** PURCHASE ***
Once an issue has been released it will be available for purchase via MagCloud. The print copy cost approx. $30-$35.
The purchase link will be sent to you within 48hrs from the day of release. Along with your tears sheets.
Please make sure when you upload the credits that they are correct, that Instagram handles are added to all team members. (if applicable) This must be done before the deadline. If you need any corrections after publishing, there will be a fee of £20.
Make sure this is your final decision to submit your works in SWANKY MAGAZINE. If you want to remove any images after release, there will be a cancellation fee of £80 as we will have to redesign the magazine completely.
The sorts of images we prefer:
* Unusual and creative ideas
* Good editing with professional-looking skin work
* Variety in the posing, angles, and composition
* Professional make-up
* Cover story - Sharp image
* Noisy images/out-of-focus
* There is little or no space left for the issue you have submitted to.
* Bad skin editing - waxing face (using automated software)
* Your work is either unsuitable or does not fit with the flow of the issue.
* There is little or no space left for placement.
* The quality of work is not high enough or not to standard.
* Wardrobe is repeated throughout the editorial.
* The submission doesn’t fit the theme for the issue.
* Poses are repeated.
* Repeated expression.
* Images contain watermarks.
* You have not supplied enough images to create a story.
We ask for the exclusivity of images until released. If your images have been published in another magazine, please don’t send us the same images at the same time as you will be rejected.
Please include the following assets and information in a submission: Title (or at least an idea for a title) Full team credits Photographer’s, Makeup Artist, Hair Stylist, Model’s Name Brief
1-3 line description/commentary of your editorial. Instagram links, we will not be responsible for typos, errors, and missing credits.
Feel free to follow us on Instagram, to gain an understanding of the type of stories we like to publish.
***Terms & Conditions
By submitting materials you agree with Swanky Magazine’s terms and conditions:
1. I (The Photographer) own this Photograph, and I own all the rights, including copyright, necessary to submit this Photograph to SwankyMagazine.
2. I am the sole owner of the copyright on this Photograph, and I understand that I am granting Swanky Magazine the one-time, non-exclusive right to use it in the following ways: - to publish in print, online, and in PDF format in the “Current ” 2021/2022 issues of Swanky Magazine - to publish it on social media (FB, Instagram, Kavyar, etc) and/or on the Swanky Magazine website, which shall include the Photographer’s name. Swanky Magazine will not license or otherwise use the Photograph for commercial activities beyond the above-listed scope (Without any prior authorization). I consent to indemnify Swanky Magazine against any claim, demand, action, suit, or other proceedings against SWANKY Magazine arising out of the use of the photograph and related to any false or inaccurate statement.
3. If you are submitting the editorial and are not the photographer, please confirm and present to us the permission/release form from the photographer who owns the copyright to the images.
I grant this authorization free of charge.