Africanesque is the culmination of all things Africa that inspire the western culture and fashion trends. We will be highlighting the rising talent in Music, fashion, beauty, film and art. Beauty shoots, fashion shoots, interviews and other photo & written editorial content will be considered.
Please note that our print issue is 7.5 x 10in, so cropping may be necessary.
- All submissions will be reviewed – Submission does not mean publication.
- MENSWEAR & WOMENSWEAR fashion editorials will be considered, striking beauty & portraiture photos in a journalistic manner and celebrity, Veteran industry supermodel/influencer feature stories with interesting take on the art behind the process will all be considered for publication. Product and look book photos will ONLY be considered as directory submissions and will require a fee to be listed in our brand directory and look book section as we are primarily a trade journal.
- You MUST be the copyright holder to the images being submitted, or you have permission from the copyright holder to submit the images. (A release MUST be signed!) – If accepted, a photo release will be sent to the provided email address and MUST be signed in order for publication process to commence.
- Please include Instagram tags in team credits, so we can tag your team on social media!
- Please include a brief description of your editorial when submitting
- Please submit clothing credits for review along with submission. No repetition of looks in more than 2 shots and no "stylist's own” as credit - please name all brands visible in the shot and be sure your story is cohesive and strong from start to finish.
** Please note, we may request to review an additional shot of a particular look or may choose to omit a look to fit our brand/issue aesthetic. Additionally, we may alter/edit, or additionally retouch an image to fit said aesthetic. This is detailed in our Photo release.
To request a pull letter for commissioned work, please send a PDF Mood board and team list to the above email address with the subject line “Request for Commission (submission category/Month/Year) If approved – you will receive a stylist pull letter and guidelines for commissioned work. Please note at the moment, there is NO BUDGET for commissioned work!! All creatives are contributing their art at their own will and expense. No exceptions!! Good Luck, and We look forward to your submissions!!!